Two seed wholewheat buns – we’re in love. These are the perfect bun for your next beef, pulled pork, salmon, veggie, vegan… burger. They are yummy for any kind of burger really.
We love these lovely little burger buns. We decided to make ours mini but you can make yours regular size if you prefer.
We initially created this bun recipe to go with our pulled pork burger. We recently made these buns again to hold our boeuf bourguignon burgers (which we will be sharing with you soon!). A homemade, slow-cooked burger is so much better than the fast food variety. These buns are packed with wholewheat flour, sesame seeds and poppy seeds, making them both delicious and full of nutrients.
- 250 g of flour (150 g of wholewheat flour + 100 g of plain flour)
- 1 tsp of dried yeast
- 1 tbs of caster sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 50 ml of water
- 15 g of butter (cut into little pieces of approximately 3 g each)
- 70 ml of milk
- 1 egg
- 5 ml of milk for glaze
- A generous handful of sesame seeds
- A generous handful of poppy seeds
- Mix flours, dried yeast, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Heat water and milk to medium temperature (40-50° c).
- Add water and milk to the dried preparation, mix together in a stand mixer, using your hook attachment.
- Add the egg and mix.
- When the mixture becomes a ball, add the butter piece by piece and mix.
- Cover the bowl and leave to sit for at least an hour in a warm place.
- The dough should double in size.
- Preheat oven to 360°F (180°C).
- Divide the dough into 4 balls.
- Add milk with a brush and sprinkle seeds.
- Put in oven until lightly browned on top (between 14 and 18 minutes).
- If you want to make mini burgers, you can divide the dough into 10 balls and bake for 10 minutes.
We recommend : dried figs, raisins, dried apricots and/or walnuts.
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 3 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!