We are welcoming the warm weather here in Paris and doing a happy dance with these sugar-free matcha chocolate popsicles!
These popsicles are rich and creamy and just sweet enough. They taste like matcha and chocolate and coconut cream* all wrapped up in a perfect frozen package. YUM.
*Wondering what the difference between coconut milk and coconut cream is? This article explains it perfectly.
Wait, what? Sugar-free? How did we sneak chocolate into this recipe?
We used 100% dark chocolate in this recipe which is naturally sugar-free. To sweeten things up, we used organic honey. Works like a charm! Honey can be a wonderful sugar substitute when baking too. This post, Substitute Honey for Sugar and Get Perfect Baked Goods (Conversion Chart) by our friend Maat at The Frugal Chicken explains how you can substitute sugar with honey.
5 ingredients are all you need…
Just 5 healthy, decadent and delicious ingredients and you will be on your way to making these sugar-free matcha chocolate popsicles for your family. You will need matcha, chocolate, honey, agar agar (to firm things up a bit) and coconut cream.
Do you love this recipe? Sign up for more!
And that swirl…
Making the swirl is easy peasy. The swirl is a combination of lines and dots really and easily achievable with our little technique. (Described in the recipe.)
You could add your own sweet twist to these sugar-free matcha chocolate popsicles :
- I think these would be delicious with some raspberries thrown in.
- You could add raw almonds as a crunchy topping.
- You could create a layer of granola at the base of the popsicles.
Summer nights in Paris are for eating ice cream
Here, in Paris we have a Summer tradition. We love walking hand in hand, with our pups by our side, to our favorite ice cream store down the street. It’s the perfect distance from our home and a lovely little walk for our little family. The first ice cream of the “season” is always a big occassion and we were really excited to have ours two weeks ago.
We have had these sugar-free matcha chocolate popsicles on our list of recipes we wanted to make for you for forrreeeevvveeer. So happy we finally made them!
These popsicles won’t hang around in your freezer for very long. We ate four mini popsicles (2 each!) in about 10 minutes after we took them out of the freezer. (Sorry, not sorry!)
You will know what we mean when you make these in your kitchen…
Special materials used to make this recipe :
Mini popsicle molds from Silikomart
(We have included Amazon links for your convenience. Read our disclosure here.)
- 1 can of coconut cream
- 5 tbsp of honey
- ½ tsp of agar agar
- 6 tsp of matcha
- 1 tsp of cocoa powder (100% cocoa)
- Heat the coconut cream, honey and agar agar on medium heat until the mixture boils.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix ¼ cup with cocoa powder.
- Mix another ¼ cup with matcha, whisk with a matcha whisker. Then, mix with the remaining coconut cream.
- Drizzle the inside of the popsicle molds with the chocolate mix to create lines and/or dots.
- Put in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Pour matcha cream in the popsicles molds.
- Drizzle the chocolate mixtures over the popsicles again to make lines and/or dots.
- Freeze overnight.
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 2 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!