We spent this past Saturday at the Salon Marjolaine in the Bois de Vincennes. The Salon Marjolaine is a large organic market filled with clothing, wine and all kinds of delicious food. There was so much Fall magic all in one place. We’ll be writing all about it and sharing all of the details (and lots of photos!) with you very soon. In the meantime, we have created a very yummy pumpkin goat cheese quiche that we are very excited to share with you today!
- It is easy to make
- It is full of flavor
- It’s healthy
- Sprinkled pumpkin seeds on top add a delightful bit of crunch
- It is a simple dinner to pull together if you have company
- If making for 2, you will have wonderful leftovers for lunch the next day
We have been having so much fun developing pumpkin recipes with pumpkins in season at the moment. There are so many gorgeous varieties to choose from. You could experiment with different kinds of pumpkins for this recipe. For this pumpkin goat cheese quiche, we used a small orange pumpkin, also known as a “potimaron” here in France.
Apparently, the French have been making quiche for a very long time and calling it “quiche” since the 1600s! That’s a lot of time to create all kinds of delicious quiche recipes. In France, there are many kinds to choose from : quiche lorraine (bacon + cheese), vegetarian (often marinated peppers), broccoli + cheese, forestière (chicken, mushrooms + cream), to name a few…
I love making quiches because you can add all kinds of different ingredients to your quiche and it’s always delicious. I also adore the scent of a quiche baking in the oven. It is heavenly and perfumes your entire home. This pumpkin goat cheese quiche gives off a delightful Fall pumpkin scent as it bakes.
Quiche recipes tend to be passed down from one generation to another in French families. I love family cooking traditions. The first recipe I ever developed was a quiche recipe. We will share that recipe with you another day (it is for a brie + garlic quiche and it is yummy too.)
We’re thinking this pumpkin goat cheese quiche may be an ideal recipe to make for our Thanksgiving dinner. If you are looking for Thanksgiving dinner inspiration, here are some ideas for you :
What is your favorite quiche recipe? Did you make this quiche? If you make one of our recipes, please remember to tag us on Instagram using the hashtag #ediblelovestory.
- 400g of fresh pumpkin
- 80g of goat cheese (sliced)
- 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (25cl) of cream
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut the pumpkin into ½ inch cubes.
- Put the pumpkin in a tray with 2 tbsp of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook in oven for 30 / 45 minutes, until the pumpkin is soft and you can easily pierce it with a fork. Put the pumpkin aside.
- Line your quiche mould with parchment paper. (This is the quiche mould we use.)
- Use a fork to make small holes in the dough.
- Cover with parchment paper. Hold in place using baking beans and put in oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk cream, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Remove the puff pastry from the oven.
- Remove the baking beans and the parchment paper.
- Add pumpkin cubes, goat cheese, the egg and cream mixture and ½ tbsp of pumpkin seeds.
- Put in oven for 15/20 minutes, until the quiche becomes light brown.
- Serve with arugula salad and sprinkle with the rest of the pumpkin seeds.
We shared this recipe with our friends at Simple and in Season and The Wednesday Showcase!
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 2 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!