Perfect homemade bolognese sauce will up your pasta game! Creamy, meaty, full of flavor and everything a delicious pasta sauce should be.
This perfect homemade bolognese sauce recipe holds a very special place in my heart. It is one of the first meals that Hugo ever made for me. Hugo has been making beautiful meals for me ever since the first time he invited me over to his place for a dinner and movie when we were dating.
One night, he announced he would be making his perfect homemade bolognese sauce! And, he wasn’t kidding! This issss the PERFECT homemade bolognese sauce.
You may not know that I grew up vegetarian. We still eat mostly vegetarian and most of the recipes that we share in this blog are vegetarian. But… every once in a while, a tasty meat dish is in order. If you have been thinking the same thing, I definitely recommend this yummy meat dish!
We made this homemade bolognese sauce to top some homemade wholewheat tagliatelle pasta we made! We are absolutely in to making homemade pasta at the moment. We will be sharing a step-by-step tutorial soon so you can see exactly how we make our homemade pasta. (It’s actually way easier than you think it is!) We can’t wait to share it with you, but in the meantime, we recommend you make this sauce and put it on top of you favorite pasta.
- 1 lb. of ground beef
- 1 can of corned beef (minced)
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 2 fresh tomatoes (cut into 4 parts)
- 1 onion (finely sliced)
- 1 garlic clove (finely sliced)
- ½ tsp of chili peppers
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of fresh (or dry) pasta
- Olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a casserole on high heat.
- Add onion and a pinch of salt and cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add garlic, chili peppers and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add steak and cook until the steak is well cooked.
- Add corned beef and cook until the corned beef begins to melt.
- Add tomato sauce. Reduce heat to low and keep cooking for another 20 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente.
- Remove the water and add the pasta to the bolognaise sauce for 2 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and fresh tomatoes.
Related articles across the web
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 3 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!