Gingerbread croutons will brighten up any soup this holiday season.
We bought our Christmas tree this past weekend, brought our Christmas decorations upstairs and got to work turning our home into a Winter wonderland! We listened to Christmas music, decorated the tree, hung lights all over, whipped out our advent candles and just generally had a lot of Christmasey fun! It was great.
I love when it’s cold in Paris. The sky is gray and Paris is beautiful. Paris is always beautiful, it is so spectacular living here. #parisjetaime
We have been having so much fun developing Christmas recipes for you, cooking and tasting with a glass of wine in hand and Mariah Carey’s Christmas list blasting in the background. (That CD remains our Christmas fave.)
During all of this Christmas recipe developing, we had a revelation in the form of GINGERBREAD CROUTONS. That’s right, gingerbread croutons are the best! We are loving the traditional gingerbread (à l’ancienne), honey gingerbread and fig gingerbread from the Fossier gingerbread collection.
Here’s why :
- They add a delicious spiced, Christmasey flavor to any soup.
- All you have to do is toast and toss. Toast the gingerbread and toss into your soup. Easy.
- Gingerbread croutons add that extra something. Perfect for dressing up your soup when having guests over for the holidays.
- They’re unexpected. Everyone loves croutons and gingerbread croutons add that special and unexpected twist to an otherwise classic soup situation.
You can add these croutons to your favorite soup. We tossed them on top of our favorite pumpkin soup.
Here are 5 more fabulous soups we love :
- 1 slice of Fossier Gingerbread
- Toast the gingerbread in the toaster.
- Cut into small cubes.
- Toss over soup.
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 3 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!