This broccoli carrot potato coconut curry is a lovely light curry, perfect for warmer days and cooler nights. A simple and delicious meal inspired by our love of Indian food.
Saturdaaaay. My dear Hugo is still in bed. If you read our latest newsletter, you know that poor Hugo is on strict bedrest… for the fourth week. He has hernia pushing on his sciatic nerve. (Ouch!) So, that means he’s resting and I am cooking recipes on our list of recipes to bring to you guys, taking photos and writing these posts. I also have two sweet pups sitting at my feet. (Weekend Heaven ♥) We have so much fun content coming your way!
This curry is filled with so many delicious ingredients : broccoli (heck yeah!), carrots, potatoes, soothing coconut milk, healing turmeric, garlic, ginger and onion and topped with fresh cilantro. We love all the tasty spices in this yummy meal.
We love Indian food so much that one of our favorite areas of Paris to explore is the Indian neighborhood. If you live here too, or are planning a trip, check out the Indian quarter in the 10th arrondisement where you will find a delicious array of fragrant spices, authentic Indian restaurants, Indian sweets and Indian clothing, jewelry and grocery stores.
If you are looking for some reasons to enjoy this broccoli carrot potato coconut curry this weekend, here are a few :
- It’s so simple to throw together.
- It’s healthy and hearty.
- It’s a great stay-in date night dinner recipe.
- It’s healthy, comfort food – full of nutritious ingredients and healthy too.
- This recipe is 100% vegan and gluten-free.
- Cilantro?!! We looove it.
Add your own twist to this broccoli carrot potato coconut curry :
- Although we made this recipe all vegan, you could add your favorite fish or meat to this tasty curry stew.
- You could add more veggies – turnips and/or tomatoes would be a delicious addition.
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 6 small potatoes washed and unpeeled, cut in half
- 2 carrots washed, peeled and cut into 1 inch
- 1 broccoli washed
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 inch of fresh ginger grated
- 1 clove of garlic sliced
- 3 tsp of curry powder
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- ½ tsp of chili pepper powder
- 1 can of coconut milk
- ½ cup of cilantro chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a pan on high heat.
- Add the rice and stir for 2 minutes.
- Pour 3 cups of water and cover.
- Turn the heat into very low heat when you see the first steam going out.
- Cook for 45/50 minutes. Don't uncover the pan until the end.
- Meanwhile prepare the vegetable curry.
- Heat olive oil in a casserole on medium heat.
- Add the potatoes with a pinch of salt, turn the heat to low heat.
- Cook until softens (25 - 30 minutes).
- Heat water in a pan on high heat.
- Add the carrots and 1 pinch of coarse salt.
- Cook until softens (15 - 20 minutes).
- Cut the broccoli into small trees.
- Put in cold water with 3 pinches of salt for 5 minutes.
- Remove the water.
- Heat 3 cups of water in a pan on high heat.
- Add the broccoli, cook for 2 minutes then remove the broccoli from the pan.
- Heat olive oil in a wok on high heat.
- Add the onion and pinch of salt and stir until softens (3 - 5 minutes).
- Add the ginger and the garlic.
- Turn the heat into low heat.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric, chili pepper and stir.
- Pour the coconut milk, stir and heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, the carrots, the broccoli and cook for 5 other minutes.
- Serve the vegetable curry with rice and cilantro.
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 3 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!