You guys, this is the best avocado toast recipe.
We are BIG fans of avocado toast in this house! We just absolutely love it and cannot get enough of it! #avocadolovers
Those of you who have been following us since the beginning know that our favorite meal is brunch and that we enjoy long, lazy brunches every Saturday and Sunday.
We decided to make this avocado toast on a Thursday evening in anticipation of the upcoming weekend! You know when it’s Thursday and you almost don’t feel like you can wait any longer because you’re so excited for the weekend to begin?! We had that feeling and so we decided to bring weekend brunch to Thursday evening dinner = match made in Heaven.
We were so happy this inspiration struck and we wanted to share the results with you, our dear readers! ♥ We were blown away. This is seriously the best avocado toast!
They key to making the best avocado toast that is melt in your mouth delicious rather thank just a-okay is choosing the right bread, perfectly ripened avocados, a fresh, organic egg that is poached for just the right amount of time and the right spices and seeds. Ok, so it’s kind of a science actually but luckily we are here to walk you through each step!
- 2 thick slices of bread. Make sure the slices are thick enough to hold everything. (We used whole grain bread with dried figs from our favorite bakery in Paris : La Maison Landemaine. This happens to be our favorite bread for this meal but you can feel free to supplement with your own favorite bread!)
- 1 perfectly ripened avocado
- 2 extra fresh organic eggs. (You want to make sure your eggs are extra fresh because you will be cooking them for very little time.)
- Cambodian Kampot ground white pepper (to taste)
- Cambodian Kampot ground black pepper (to taste)
- Guérande Fleur de Sel sea salt (to taste)
- Sesame seeds
- Poppy seeds
- Slice half an avocado for each slice of bread.
- Place the avocado slices on the bread. Cover the entire slice.
- Poach one egg for each slice of bread. (To poach the eggs : bring water to a boil in a large pot. It needs to be large enough so that the eggs can boil without touching the bottom of the pot. If the eggs stick to the bottom of the pot, they will break mid-poach. To avoid this, use a larger-than-you-think-is-necessary pot. Once water has come to a boil, reduce heat and keep the water boiling gently. Carefully crack open each egg, taking care not to break the yolk, and add to water. Leave for 4 minutes. Remove the eggs from the (slow) boiling water using a slotted spoon.)
- Place one poached egg on each slice of avocado toast.
- Season with ground Cambodian Kampot black pepper, ground Cambodian Kampot white pepper, organic sea salt, sesame seeds and poppy seeds.
- Enjoy every last bite of the best avocado toast ever!
Happy Sunday friends! ♥
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 3 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!