Raise your hand if you want the best avocado toast recipe. This avocado toast is grainy, crunchy, has a layer of perfectly ripe, soft avocado and is topped with a runny poached egg. Avocado dreams do come true. ♥
What makes this the best avocado toast?
- It’s quick and simple. Start to finish – all you need is 10 minutes.
- Making this recipe will help you perfect your poached egg game. Seriously guys, they look so much fancier than they are. Double points for putting them on everything once making them comes naturally to you too.
- This is the perfect lazy Sunday morning meal and we are allll about lazy Sundays.
- Avocadoes are full of the good fats.
- This recipe can be enjoyed any time of the day – breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack… You name it, avocado toast is perfectly appropriate.
Some of our favorite ways to vary this recipe :
- Add a layer of smoked salmon to make perfect salmon avocado toast.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of sesame seeds over your creation to make sesame seed avocado toast.
- Fill a baguette with avocado and top it with a poached egg to make baguette avocado toast.
- Use our ratatouille recipe to make French ratatouille avocado toast. Just add a layer of ratatouille to the bread before adding the sliced avocadoes and a poached egg on top!
Why are avocadoes so darn good for you anyway?
They are filled with vitamins (K, C, B6 to name a few), contain folate and potassium, are great for your heart, contain a high amount of fiber and can even help you lose weight.
They are also really delicious – which is reason enough for us to serve them with anything and everything!
How do you enjoy eating avocadoes?
- 2 thick slices of bread. Make sure the slices are thick enough to hold everything.
- 1 perfectly ripened avocado.
- 2 extra fresh organic eggs. (You want to make sure your eggs are extra fresh because you will be cooking them for very little time.)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Finely slice half an avocado for each slice of bread.
- Place the avocado slices on the bread. Cover the entire slice of bread.
- Poach one egg for each slice of bread.
- To poach the eggs, bring water to a boil in a large pot. It needs to be large enough so that the eggs can poach without touching the bottom of the pot. If the eggs stick to the bottom of the pot, they will break mid-poach. To avoid this, use a larger-than-you-think-is-necessary pot. Once water has come to a boil, reduce heat and keep the water boiling gently. Carefully crack open each egg, taking care not to break the yolk, and add to water. Leave for 4 minutes. Remove the eggs from the (slow) boiling water using a slotted spoon.
- Place one poached egg on each slice of avocado toast.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 3 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!