Croissant french toast – ahh, so good! It’s so wonderful to wake up on a Saturday morning, go downstairs, open up a bag of (stale!) croissants and make this super delicious, melt in your mouth, gotta have it now, french toast! It just really is that.good.
One of our favorite Saturday morning treats is gooey, sticky, syrupy (is that word?!) croissant french toast.
Let me explain… The idea to make french toast with mini croissants all started when Hugo brought home a bag full of mini croissants after giving a training at work. Half of the team didn’t eat their mini croissants (I know, seriously, what were they thinking?!). He brought the bag home and we each ate one leaving us with about 8 others. We got to brainstorming and the idea to transform the croissants into french toast was born.
Since that Saturday morning, when we made our first ever croissant french toast, this is our absolute favorite way to prepare french toast. It is easy, unique and the perfect mixture of sweet and delicious.
- 6 mini stale croissants
- 1 egg
- 7 oz. of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- Butter (to grease the frying pan)
- White powdered sugar (to serve)
- Maple syrup (to serve)
- Keep croissants at least overnight (2 nights is even better) until stale and firm.
- Use a large glass bowl to mix egg, milk and vanilla sugar.
- Use large metal kitchen tweezers to dip croissants in egg mixture continuously until well covered.
- Grease frying a non-stick frying pan with butter.
- Use kitchen tweezers to place each croissant in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Cook on each side until golden brown on both sides (approximately 3 minutes on each side).
- Drizzle your favorite maple syrup over your French toast.
- Add a generous amount of white powdered sugar over your french toast.
- Et voilà, croissant french toast!
What do you think of our photo of our croissant french toast? We are really working on improving our photography skills to bring you the best, clearest, most delicious looking photos possible. We want our blog to make you hungry and excited to run to the kitchen and make our recipe! We would love your feedback, as well as your tips & tricks for taking beautiful food photos!
You may have noticed that we have changed the format of our recipes! We are very excited about this and over the next few days, we will be going back and updating old posts to include this new recipe format. This awesome new recipe format allows you to rate our recipes. Yay! Please scroll all the way down ……….. (keep scrolling) ……………. to the bottom of our post to where it says “RATE THIS RECIPE” (underneath the comment box) and leave us a 5 star rating! 😉
We recommend making this on Saturday morning and going for round 2 of romantic weekend breakfasts with our best avocado toast recipe!
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 3 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!