This tomato feta tortellini salad is a perfect healthy picnic staple. YUM. Just 8 simple ingredients & 10 minutes to pull together!
Who’s excited for Summer picnics? When the weather gets warmer here in Paris, the banks of the Seine suddenly become decorated with people from all over the world searching for the perfect picnic spot. We will definitely be planning a Parisian Summer picnic soon and taking you with us to experience it on Instagram.
Our Parisian picnics typically involve a lovely bottle of wine, a crunchy freshly baked baguette, this tortellini salad + 1 or 2 other picnic dishes, a selection of French cheeses and some organic French pastries.
This tomato feta tortellini salad is inspired by one of my favorite childhood meals which was cold tortellini salad with cherry tomatoes and mini mozzarella. So easy and so delicious! What did you love eating as a child?
This delicious tomato feta tortellini salad features 8 tasty, real food ingredients :
- a mixture of mache and rocket lettuces (or your favorite lettuces)
- a package of organic spinach and cheese tortellini
- feta cheese
- a large heirloom tomato (they are all over the Parisian markets at the moment)
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
Add your own special twist to this tortellini salad
- Choose your favorite salad.
- Use a different kind of fresh pasta.
- Add your favorite cheese!
- Add a variety of your favorite veggies (we love cucumber, corn, chickpeas & more in our salads!).
- Add some fresh herbs (we used parsley but you could also add fresh chives, basil or mint).
What we love about this cold pasta salad
- It’s quick to pull together.
- It’s cool and refreshing.
- Cold tortellini is the best – we can’t get enough.
- The combination of feta + raw tomato + cold spinach and cheese tortellini = amazzzzziiinnng.
Looking for more tasty salads?
- Heirloom yellow tomato mozzarella salad
- Asian spiralized vegetable noodle salad
- Healthy easy lentil salad with beets and goat cheese
- Coriander mint salmon terriyaki salad
Pin for later!
- 2 bowls of rocket & mâche lettuce (mixed)
- 1 pack of spinach and cheese tortellini
- 1 cup of feta(cut into cubes)
- 1 large heirloom tomato (sliced)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup of parsley
- Line each bowl with the mixed lettuce.
- Prepare the tortellini according to the instructions on the package.
- Toss the tortellini in the bowl.
- Fan the sliced tomato out on one side of the bowl.
- Sprinkle with the feta.
- Drizzle vinegar & olive oil over the salad.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 3 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!