Who loves colorful real food? If you raised your hand, you will love these spiralized Thai zoodles with zucchini tomato & pepper!
So, what are zoodles?
n. a zoodle is a spiralized zucchini noodle
Maybe you’ve been spiralizing for ages, but we were kind of late to join the party and now we’re mildly obsessed with spiralizing everything!
It’s so much fun and such a tasty way to eat healthier food. Just choose your vegetable (or fruit!) of choice, slip it on to the machine, turn the handle and make healthy, gluten-free, real food noodles out of pretty much all of your favorite ingredients.
The first time we made zoodles, I was amazed by the length and texture of the zoodles. They really resemble noodles and provide the same kind of experience as when you are eating classic noodles (such as a wheat based spaghetti).
Why we love this Thai zoodles recipe :
- You guys, you are creating actual noodles from zucchini!
- All the colors! Cherry tomatoes, spring onions, cashew nuts, parsley and green and yellow zucchini mixed together makes for a gorgeous and colorful plate.
- We went a little heavy on the hot pepper for ourselves since we love spicy food but adjust to your particular taste.
- This recipe is vegan and gluten-free.
We eat a wide variety of food and have nothing against gluten personally, but we know that some of you are following gluten-free diets due to allergies or personal preferences. If you are, you can enjoy this recipe without hesitation.
Looking for more vegetarian dishes?
Looking for more delicious gluten-free recipes?
Download our free gluten-free meal plan packed with 5 easy and tasty gluten-free dinners for harmonious weeknights!
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 spring onions
- 1 inch of fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ red chili pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 yellow zucchini
- 1 green zucchini
- 6 cherry tomatoes (cut into halves)
- ½ cup of fresh parsley (roughly chopped)
- ¼ cup of cashew nuts (crushed)
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 lime
- Slice the red peppers lengthwise into thin slices.
- Cut off the bulbs (the white part) of each scallion and slice. (Keep the green stalks aside for later. )
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil on medium heat.
- Add the red pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Keep stirring!
- Add the chopped scallions (only the bulbs).
- Add the ginger. Keep stirring!
- Reduce heat to low heat.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the garlic, sesame oil, sugar, soy sauce and chili pepper together in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the frying pan.
- Keep cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spiralize the zucchini.
- Pour the contents of the frying pan into a bowl.
- Cook the green scallion stalks in the frying pan for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Put the zoodles in the frying pan. Mix for 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture you put aside earlier in the bowl back into the frying pan.
- Cook everything together for another 30 seconds.
- Turn off the heat.
- Serve in 2 bowls.
- Season with the tomatoes, parsley, cashew nuts, black pepper and lime.
We shared this post with our friends at #recipeoftheweek !
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 2 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!