Have you tried sautéed razor clams? They are ahhhhh-mazing!
We are big fans of seafood in our home. We love everything from clams, to shrimp, to all kinds of fish… We think there is nothing better than munching on sea snails and other sea creatures when we go to visit Hugo’s family in Somme Bay France.
This recipe features some of our all-time favorite ingredients
- Razor clams
- Olive oil
- White wine
- Coarse sea salt
- Black pepper
Razor clams – the perfect ingredient
If you love seafood too, then you should definitely add razor clams to your list of must-try recipes! They are succulent, easy to prepare, filled with protein and unusual. They are perfect to make if having foodie friends over and wanting to surprise them with something a little bit different.
You can enjoy these clams in so many tasty ways :
- On their own – sautéed or baked.
- On a bed of delicious pasta – similar to our Spaghetti alle Vongole recipe.
- With a side of steamed or sautéed veggies (think romanesco, broccoli or pumpkin).
How to prepare razor clams
We prepared our clams in a similar way to our spaghetti alle vongole – lots of garlic, parsley, white wine, olive oil, coarse sea salt and a generous sprinkle of black pepper.
To get started, soak the razor clams in a large bowl of cold water and sea salt. Leave to soak for 30 minutes then pour out the water and rinse the clams.
Repeat 3 times – each time pouring out the bowl of water and refilling it with new cold water and salt. This process will ensure that your razor clams are completely clean and free of sand when you prepare them.
To prepare, heat olive oil on medium heat in a large frying pan. Add garlic and parsley and cook for 1 minute. Add the razor clams and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in some white wine and black pepper and increase the heat for 2 minutes.
If you look at the razor clams closely, you will see that one one end it looks like there is a little mouth with teeth. Cut off this part of the razor clam before serving.
Sautéed until the shells open fully. Avoid overcooking here however, otherwise your clams will turn chewy.
Seafood lover? Here are some more tasty recipes!
- 8 razor clams
- 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp of parsley (chopped)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- ½ cup of white wine
- 4 tbsp of coarse sea salt
- Black pepper
- One and a half to two hours before serving, put the clams in a bowl with cold water and a tablespoon of coarse salt. Leave to soak.
- After 30 minutes, rinse.
- Refill the bowl with cold water and salt. Leave the razor clams to soak for another 30 minutes.
- Repeat 3 times.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Add the garlic and parsley and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the razor clams and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and black pepper and increase the heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- If you look at the razor clams closely, you will see that one one end it looks like there is a little mouth with teeth. Cut off this part of the razor clam before serving.
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 2 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!