This baked salmon zucchini lasagna is rich and creamy, full of wholesome ingredients and easy to make! Bring Italy to your home!
We love spending time experimenting with elaborate recipes in the kitchen. This time means so much to us and is one of our favorite activities to do together too. However, sometimes, you come home and just want to prepare a quick and easy dinner that you can just pop in the oven. This is the perfect recipe for those nights. An added bonus is that you will also have leftovers for lunch the next day.
My mom lives in Italy. In the land of pasta, everyone has their family pasta recipes. Hugo and I love this idea of family food traditions. We wanted to create our very own family lasagna to share with you. This baked salmon zucchini lasagna is it!
What we love about this baked salmon zucchini lasagna :
- It’s quick and easy to make – just prepare the ingredients and pop everything in the oven to bake!
- It’s healthy but also rich and creamy.
- It has salmon in it – one of the noblest of omega-rich ingredients.
- It has aneth in it. This spice makes this pasta so much more delicious!
- This is the perfect dish to make in the evening and eat again the next day. The leftovers may be even tastier than freshly made lasagna.
- Thos corner pieces. Is it just me or is that corner piece with the curnchy cheese on top the best?! I love that piece. (Oh, I call it by the way.) 😉
- It’s very nutrient rich – packed with chunks of fresh, organic salmon and lots of organic zucchini.
Interested in learning more about using spices in your cooking? Download our free Spices are Sexy, 1 page printable guide to cooking with spices.
Looking for more tasty pasta recipes?
- 3 zucchinis (sliced)
- 2 medium salmon fillets
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp of dill (chopped)
- 1 small tub of ricotta cheese (approximately 2 cups)
- Olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of half a lemon
- 12 sheets of lasagna
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 cup of your favorite cheese (grated). (We used emmental cheese.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix lemon juice, 2 tbsp of olive oil, 2 sprigs of chopped dill and 1 tsp of salt together to create a marinade.
- Put the salmon in a bowl and pour the marinade on it.
- Refridgerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan on high heat.
- Add the zucchini.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Cook the zucchini on each side for approximately 4 minutes, or until it is grilled. Put aside.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Place the side skin side down in the frying pan. Pour the marinade over the salmon. Cook for approximately 8 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Heat 6 cups of water in a large pot on high heat.
- When the water begins to boil, add the sheets of lasagna. Turn off the heat.
- Leave the pasta in the water for 5 minutes.
- Heat oven to 360°F (180°C).
- In a baking dish, add a layer of zucchini, 2 layers of lasagna, a layer of ricotta, a layer of salmon, a sprinkle of zest, and some lemon juice. Repeat 2 more times.
- Pour the milk over the top of the preparation.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Add the grated cheese and bake in the oven for another 15 minutes or until the lasagna is cooked through and the cheese has melted.
Related articles across the web
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 2 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!