Perfect pumpkin soup. We are so loving Fall. The chilly days, the cosy evenings and everything pumpkin. This pumpkin soup recipe is one of our all time favorite pumpkin recipes!
Are you reading this post with a pumpkin spice latte in hand? (You should be!)
Everything about this Fall in Paris has been pure magic. The trees in our neighborhood are shedding their golden leaves. The air is slightly cool and the sun shines all day. It is the perfect season to stroll the streets of Paris, enjoy pastries along the Quais de Seine and snap pictures on a Sunday afternoon. It is just cool enough to wear a chunky knit sweater sans jacket. What is your favorite Fall activity?
Ours is making pumpkin recipes. What is your favorite way to enjoy pumpkin? We think this pumpkin soup is about to become one of your absolute favorite soup recipes.
Warm pumpkin soup nourishes the soul. It is a yummy combination of creamy pumpkin and a touch of spice. It is healthy, low fat and immune system boosting.
This easy pumpkin soup is quick to make and lovely reheated the next day. We love to make a large batch and eat it for several days at a time.
Hugo often makes large portions in the evening so that I will have leftovers for lunch the next day. He knows I absolutely love this creamy pumpkin soup! He often sweetly puts my lunches in little Le Creuset cocottes. I love coming downstairs, opening the fridge and discovering a cocotte filled with this delicious soup at lunchtime. #besthusbandever
Cooking for those you love is a beautiful way to show them that you love them – especially when you’re making soup. Something about the warmth and creaminess makes eating this soup the culinary equivalent of receiving a giant hug!
This is a quick, easy and delicious soup to prepare as a starter for your next dinner party. The creamy swirl gives it a lovely marbled elegant look.
Whether you make this as a quick and nutritious lunch or a simple dinner, we are sure this will become one of your go-to soup recipes.
Special Materials Needed for this Recipe :
(We have included Amazon links for your convenience. Read our disclosure here.)
Other favorite Fall recipes
- 1 small pumpkin (approximately 2-2.5 lbs or 1 kilo)
- 20cl cream
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp hot chili
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Peel the pumpkin and take out the seeds.
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes (approximately 2 cm).
- Put the cubes in cold water.
- Heat on high heat. As soon as it begins to boil, add the bouillon cube and salt.
- Leave to cook until you can easily poke a forl into the cubes of pumpkin.
- Pour out the water but keep a few large spoonfuls aside for later.
- Mix the pumpkin using a hand mixer.
- Add the cream, spices and pepper.
- Continue to mix until smoothe.
- If the soup is too thick, add the spoonfuls of water you set aside earlier.
- Continue to mix.
- Serve hot with grated emmental or compté cheese and croutons.
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 2 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!