Bonjour, new friend!
Thank you so much for coming to our blog! We are so excited to have you here and to share our recipes, International food experiences, real food eating philosophy and favorite places to eat in Paris with you.
We’re Alix & Hugo and we’re newlyweds.
Alix is from NYC and Hugo is from Picardie, France. We met in Paris 5 years ago and we have been cooking up a storm ever since! We LOVE to cook, travel and surprise one another! We live in Paris in a townhouse we share with our two
monsters yorkies, Violette & ChouChou and lots of fish!
What kind of recipes can you find on A Hedgehog in the Kitchen?
We create healthy, real food, International recipes using natural and organic ingredients. Our recipes are for the adventurous homecook who loves to experiment in the kitchen to create a healthier lifestyle.
We cook mostly vegetarian recipes, although we do love making fish and meat recipes from time to time. Would you call us flexitarian? I guess that’s what we are. We use lots of spices and love sharing new ingredients we discover at our Parisian farmers’ markets.
We often cook recipes for 2 since we cook and eat together but you can easily double our recipes if you’re cooking for a larger family of 4.
These are some of our most popular recipes :
We welcome you into our Paris.
We love taking you around Paris with us by sharing our favorite places to eat, explore and have beautiful adventures in our city – the CITY OF LOVE. If you are planning to visit Paris and have questions about where to go and what to eat, don’t hesitate to write to us!
These are our most popular food in Paris
- Parisian Delights at Paris Baguette
- Happiness Can Be Found at Le Mont du Bonheur in the Marais
- Matcha Latte Love at Maison Kitsuné, Paris
- Bavette and Tarte Tatin at La Palette, Paris
- Sweet Surprises at Bob’s Bake Shop, Paris
- Choux at Popelini, Paris
We share our foodie adventures all over the world with you.
In addition to being passionate about cooking, we absolutely love to travel! It is so much fun to discover a new place, meet new people and discover new ways of preparing food and sharing it with those you love. We believe that you have everything to gain from having travel experiences and we travel every chance we get! When we travel we love to try different foods, live like locals and have authentic experiences, then come home and share them with you on the blog.
These are our most popular International food adventure posts :
- 2 Days in Reims – the City of Champagne
- Notes from a French Wedding in Brittany
- Somme Bay and Our Sea Plant Pesto Recipe
- A Day in the Life of Peggy Guggenheim in Venice
As we go along and keep learning about food blogging, we also share our favorite food blogging resources for those of you have food blogs too.
We love sharing our recipes, food stories and adventures with you. We are always learning so that we can share this information in the most effective and enjoyable way possible.
Do we blog full time?
In addition to creating this food blog togther, Hugo is a techie super hero by day and Alix is a super star autism specialist and founder of Le Chemin ABA, a learning house for children with autism and other special needs here in Paris. She also blogs about all things autism on the Special Learning House blog.
A Hedgehog in the Kitchen in the media
We love writing for other publications and sharing the food love. These are some examples of our writing.
- Quick & Easy Salmon Baked in Parchment Paper for the Melrose Family
- Turkish Pide Pizza with Chicken, Cheddar & Red Peppers for Suburban Simplicity
- Wholewheat Cauliflower Pizza for The Frugal Chicken
- Oven Baked Eggs with Leeks & Blue Cheese for The Frugal Chicken
A Hedgehog in the Kitchen has been featured in the following places :
- The Best Happy Hour Recipes Featured by The Feed Feed Team.
- Cajun Brown Rice and Beans Featured by The Flexitarian : Meat Free Meal Plan
- Asian Spiralized Vegetable Noodle Salad featured on Tinned Tomatoes
- Easy & Healthy Lentil Goat Cheese Salad Featured on Tinned Tomatoes
We love it when you share! Feel free to grab a photo from this site and share it with a link back to our blog. Thank you!
So, pour a glass of wine, sit down with us and enjoy!
Hugs & kisses,
A + H
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 3 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!