What is filled with sweet ham, gorgeous French cheese and an egg just waiting to be popped?! A ham, cheese and egg galette!
A few days ago, we shared our Buckwheat Galette from Brittany recipe with you. Yesterday, we talked your ear off about our weekend in Brittany at our friends’ romantic French wedding, in our Notes from a French wedding in Brittany! Since we’ve been back in Paris, we have been making galettes non-stop and adding different delicious toppings. In order to helo you do the same, we are going to share some of our galette combinations with you. Once you have clicked on, and printed out, the original Buckwheat Galette from Brittany recipe, you can get started filling your galettes with the toppings of your choice!
A ham, cheese and egg galette is also known in France as a “Galette Complète”.
This galette is scrumptious! It is bursting with ham, cheese and egg flavor. It’s versatile. Seriously, you could eat this for breakfast, lunch or (and?) dinner! How easy (and yummy!) is that?!
- Buckwheat galette (clip through to get, and print, our buckwheat galette recipe)
- Slice of ham
- 1 egg
- A handful of grated cheese
- A pinch of thym
- Olive oil (for frying pan)
- Prepare the galette (buckwheat galette recipe).
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil to the frying pan on medium heat.
- Add a buckwheat galette (already prepared), when the pan is hot.
- Add a slice oh ham to the galette.
- Add grated cheese in a circle shape with an hole in the center.(Leave a spot to hold your egg!)
- Crack the egg into the spot you left open in the center of the galette. (The egg white will combine with the cheese.)
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and thym to taste.
- Tilt the sides of the galette.
- Continue to cook until the egg is cooked through.
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 3 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!