What is filled with sweet ham, gorgeous French cheese and an egg just waiting to be popped?! A ham, cheese and egg galette!
A ham, cheese and egg galette is also known in France as a “Galette Complète“.
To make this ham, cheese and egg galette, all you need are 6 ingredients :
- Buckwheat galette (this is our original recipe)
- Olive oil
You can make the buckwheat galettes in advance and keep them in an airtight container for 2-3 days or you can make them on the spot to prepare this recipe.
If you make this recipe, tag @ahedgehoginthekitchen and use the hashtag #ahedgehoginthekitchen
- Buckwheat galette (clip through to get, and print, our buckwheat galette recipe)
- Slice of ham
- 1 egg
- A handful of grated cheese
- A pinch of thyme
- Olive oil (for frying pan)
- Prepare the galette (buckwheat galette recipe).
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil to the frying pan on medium heat.
- Add a buckwheat galette (already prepared), when the pan is hot.
- Add a slice oh ham to the galette.
- Add grated cheese in a circle shape with an hole in the center.(Leave a spot to hold your egg!)
- Crack the egg into the spot you left open in the center of the galette. (The egg white will combine with the cheese.)
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and thym to taste.
- Tilt the sides of the galette.
- Continue to cook until the egg is cooked through.
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 2 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!