Are we the only ones who go gaga for fish pasta? We are such fans. This recipe is perfect for a romantic evening with your love or for a gourmet dinner with friends.
To recreate all the fish pasta goodness in your home, these are the ingredients you will need :
- Cod fish
- Wholewheat pasta
- Tuna pastrami (if this is hard to come by near you, you could replace it with smoked salmon or even a smoked sausage for that tasty smoky flavor)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Chili flakes
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
We are really pleased with this dish because it combines lightness of a seafood Summer dish, something you could eat in Italy along the sea, with a certain Wintery heartiness thanks to the wholewheat pasta and smokeyness of the tuna pastrami.
A word on tuna pastrami
We did not make this tuna pastrami – we wish we had and will get working learning how to make homemade tuna pastrami so we can share it with you, so watch this space!
In the meantime, we buy our tuna pastrami from our favorite local market, the Marché d’Aligre. We had never even thought of how delicious tuna pastrami would be before we happened upon it in the market. We’re so glad we did – it is really a delight to eat and brings wonderful flavor to a variety of dishes.
We were lucky to have lots of opportunities to eat lots fish pasta while we were eating our way through Tuscany recently. That trip inspired our desire to create some fish pasta dishes as soon as we got home.
Pin for later!
Looking for more delicious pasta recipes?
How about some more seafood tastiness?
Pin for later!
- ½ lbs of pasta
- ½ lbs of cod (cut into 1cm x 1cm cubes)
- ½ tsp of chili flakes
- 1 clove of garlic (finely sliced)
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp of parsley (chopped)
- Juice of a half lemon
- 4 slices of tuna pastrami (cut into 1 cm pieces)
- 4 cherry tomatoes (cut into 4 pieces)
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Drain 1 minute before the pasta is cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the chili flakes, garlic and parsley and cook for a minute.
- Reduce the heat.
- Add the cod, 3 tablespoons the water you cooked the pasta in, a pinch of salt, black pepper and lemon juice. Cook for 1 minute per face.
- Remove the cod from the pan.
- Add the pasta to the frying pan, increase the heat to medium heat and cook for a minute.
- Add the tuna and cherry tomatoes and put back the cod back in.
- Cook for another minute.
- Serve with a teaspoon of fresh parsley.
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 2 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!