Have you been looking for the perfect pumpkin spice latte recipe? We believe in a few food rules in our home and the right to drink pumpkin spice lattes all year long is one of them!
This pumpkin spice latte couldn’t be easier – no syrup required
Just real food ingredients and simple steps.
- Pumpkin puree
- Whole milk
Sure, thinking about a pumpkin spice latte evokes images of pumpkins, pumpkin patches, Fall leaves and cozy plaid sweaters… but this is also the drink of choice in our home sitting in front of the Christmas tree, enjoying general Winter hygge and while we’re out on a morning stroll with the dogs. In fact, we are currently with our family in Picardie, France (head over to Instagram to watch out stories) and I’m sipping on one in front of the fire right now…
Basically, there is no wrong time for a pumpkin spice latte…
Why we love this no syrup pumpkin spice latte recipe
- This is the coziest drink around.
- All of those spices pack a powerful immune system boost.
- Just a few minutes and a handful of natural ingredients is all you need to prepare this delicious drink.
How you can make this pumpkin spice latte recipe your own
- Make it a vegan pumpkin spice latte – just switch out the milk for a nice almond milk or even a soy milk.
- Make it a vanilla pumpkin spice latte by adding a hint of vanilla (powdered is our favorite).
- Make a chocolate pumpkin spice latte by mixing half a cup of this pumpkin spice latte and half a cup of the best French hot chocolate.
- This recipe doesn’t contain coffee but you could absolutely add a shot of espresso for that extra caffeine kick!
We have included affiliate links in this post for your convenience. You can read our disclosures here. Thanks for supporting A Hedgehog in the Kitchen!
When we go out as a family – Hugo, myself and our mini dogs – Violette and Chou Chou – we love sipping on this drink. We just prepare it before we go out, throw it in our custom photo travel mugs, and take it with us. One of our fave spots to take the dogs for a walk while sipping on this drink is around Montmartre.
You may need…
If you don’t have a coffee machine that has a built-in milk frother, but you still want that creamy, milky mousse, you can use a mini, handheld milk frother.
Enjoy this no syrup pumpkin spice latte recipe!
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp honey
- Heat milk in a casserole on medium heat. (Stir to keep the milk from creating a thick top layer.)
- Add pumpkin pureeand keep stirring.
- Add honey and keep stirring.
- Add spices and keep stirring.
- Serve hot.
Why not make a delicious dessert to enjoy with your pumpkin spice latte?
If you’re in Paris, you could even grab a pastry choux at Popelini, Paris
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 2 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!