This Delicata squash bowl filled with Thai fried rice and spinach will brighten up your plate and your day!
Have you tried delicata squash? Somehow, we had never tried it and we were missing out!
This delicata squash bowl is a fantastic option if you are eating gluten-free, vegetarian and/or vegan. We eat mostly vegetarian food and are absolutely in love with this recipe. This gorgeous Winter squash can serve as a fabulous little bowl for your favorite fillings.
My favorite things about this delicata squash bowl :
1/ It’s so colorful!
2/ It’s gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan making it something that can be shared by a family or group of friends with varying dietary requirements.
3/ This recipe is 100% real food and packed full of vitamins and flavor.
4/ It’s easy.
5/ It’s delicious!
Hugo and I have been planning some upcoming travels. It’s a rainy day here in Paris and this delicata squash bowl is bringing the sunshine to our plate. This recipe reminds me of our honeymoon traveling through Asia, throughout Thailand, Cambodia and Myanmar. We are missing the beauty of Asia and wanting to go back soon!
This recipe is sure to bring Thailand to your plate in an easy, healthy format and will calm your wanderlust, even if only for one delicious meal…
This recipe is going to change your dinner story. You will have a fabulous, delicious, healthy, real food recipe you can turn to when you’re hungry and you have a wicked case of wanderlust. You won’t be disappointed…
Pin for later!
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 3 cup of water
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 onion (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup of fresh baby spinach (washed)
- 1 delicata squash
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp of cashew nuts (crushed )
- 2 fresh chili Peppers sliced
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add turmeric and stir.
- Add the rice and stir for a minute.
- Pour in 3 cups of water and cover.
- Turn to very low heat when the water boils.
- Cook for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the delicata squash.
- Cut in half and remove the seeds.
- Add salt, pepper and put into oven for 40 minutes or until the squash softens.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the onion and salt.
- Cook for 4 minutes and add sugar.
- Cook until the onion caramelizes.
- Pour 2 tbsp of soy sauce and cook for a minute.
- Add the rice in the frying pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the squash from the oven.
- Add spinach, rice, chili peppers and cashew nuts.
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 3 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!