Looking for that Autumn glow? You’ll get it with this butternut squash soup.
This easy soup recipe will give you all the Autumn glowiness thanks to these tasty ingredients :
- Butternut squash
- Pine nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Vegetarian bouillon cube
Why should you add this to your list of easy soup recipes?
This easy butternut squash soup is the perfect soup recipe to make when you come home after a long and lovely hike or a day of exploring and you want to eat something delicious, nutritious and cozy. We enjoyed it after a long day of walking around and taking in all the beauty that is Fall in Paris.
The health benefits of butternut squash :
- Glowing skin – this is how you’ll get that perfect Autumn glow!
- Improves eyesight.
- Keeps bones strong.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Can even aid in weight loss – perfect to balance out all those things you’ll be eating on your next trip to Italy!
This is one of our favorite soup recipes and we hope you love it too!
Looking for other squash recipes?
- 1 medium butternut squash (approximately 2-2.5 lbs or 1 kilo)
- 1 vegetarian bouillon cube
- 1 medium onion (coarsely chopped)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp hot chili
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 tsp hazelnuts
- 3 tsp raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 tsp pine nuts
- Remove the skin from the butternut squash and take out the seeds.
- Cut the squash into small cubes (approximately 1 in / 2 cm).
- Chop onion (coarsely).
- Put the squash cubes and coarsely chopped onion in a large pot.
- Fill the pot with enough cold water to cover the mixture.
- Heat on high heat.
- As soon as it begins to boil, add the bouillon cube, spices and salt.
- Leave to cook until you can easily poke a fork into the squash.
- Pour out the water and set aside for later.
- Mix the squash into a puree using a hand mixer.
- Ladle in the water you set aside earlier until you reach your desired consistency.
- Continue to mix.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts, raw pumpkin seeds and pine nuts to serve.
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 2 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!