We love baba ganoush for it’s spices and creamy texture. It is a healthy and tasty side dish or snack.
We are excited to announce that we have started live cooking once per week in our Instagram stories. If you are not following us there yet, please make sure to do so, so that you can see our cooking demonstrations that we are sharing on Wednesdays. We start cooking between 7:30 and 8 pm Paris time (between 1:30 and 2 pm EST) and those videos stay available for 24 hours. You will discover delicious recipes, useful cooking tips and a little bit of Paris. We would love for you to join us!
This baba ganoush has long been one of our favorite recipes. It is filled with rich ingredients and nutrients. The combination of roasted eggplant, toasted sesame seeds, olive oil, garlic, cumin, spicy pepper, salt, pepper, lemon juice and sweet paprika gives this dish an earthy taste, creamy texture and a hint of spicyness that is absolutely wonderful.
Health benefits of eggplant
Eggplants pack a powerful vitamin punch! They are rich is vitamin C, K, B6 and are a great source of fiber, magnesium and folic acid.
That means gorgeous skin, high levels of energy and less stress.
Let us know if you are planning to make this baba ganoush or if you have any questions about the recipe! If you make this recipe, tag us on Instagram using the hashtag #ahedgehoginthekitchen.
Pin for later!
- 1 large eggplant
- ½ cup of toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup of olive oil + extra to drizzle
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp spicy pour
- 2 pinches of salt
- A sprinkle of black pepper
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- A sprinkle of paprika to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise.
- Poke holes in the skin with a fork.
- Put the eggplant in a rectangular baking dish.
- Drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil.
- Grill in the oven, skin side up, for 15 minutes.
- Turn the eggplant over and grill for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tahini. (Mix the toasted sesame seeds & ¼ cup of olive oil together using a hand mixer until it becomes a paste.)
- Take the eggplant out of the oven and leave to cool (for approximately 15 minutes).
- Scoop out the inside of the eggplant and mix with the tehina using your hand mixer.
- Add garlic, spices & lemon juice.
- Keep on mixing!!!
- Sprinkle with paprika to serve.
Receive healthy, real food, International recipes to satisfy your wanderlust for FREE 2 times per week
Sign up to receive our recipes and FREE cooking resources available exclusively to our subscribers!